Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

My Possible Book List

Book 1: The Wealth of Nations Book 1 by Adam Smith
This Book is where the reading was selected for our assignment on September 28, 2010. Interesting book on Capitalism and Economics. Considered one of the first major works on the field of Economics.

Book 2:The Renaissance, A Short History, by Paul Johnson

Good fast read to get a really broad view of the Renaissance. Gives the major facts and events of the artists and philosophers of the Renaissance era.

Book 3: The Roots of Romanticism by Isaiah Berlin

A compilation of lectures given by Isaiah Berlin just before he died about the Romantic Era. He was trying to write a book about the Romantic Era at the time, but died before he could finish it. Good overview of why the Romantic Era started.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you end up choosing Isaiah Berlin. That looks fascinating to me. If you don't, I might have to check it out myself.

    ReplyDelete